Monday, August 3, 2009

An unsent letter

Welcome, one and all, to my very first blog. It will likely start out as all my unsent letters do, with the grandest of hopes and intentions, only to be put to the side, forgotten and eventually thrown away, its contents no longer relevant.

For the purposes of this and any future blog that I write in first person, I'm going to refer to each reader as "you," since it seems impersonal to treat this as a mass email or to have to constantly say "you all," or "all of you," since the odds of multiple people reading it once, or even at all, is slim.

I think there may be a way to post comments or replies or requests, but I'm not sure how, so if "you" can figure it out, I encourage you to do it. If you do post any sort of retort, I will do my best to figure out how to read it. It will give me something to do, now that I've moved to Greenville.

So, now that we've gone over the rules, why not dispense with the housekeeping. I moved to Greenville, NC, (NOT Greenville, SC), from Music City USA in June, and this is the first time I've ever lived outside of Tennessee. I have a job as a nurse in the new Neuro ICU at the hospital here, where my boyfriend works as a neurosurgeon. He's the reason I moved here. I also have a very bossy cat on my lap. Jealous?

I asked another nurse at work what to do for fun in Greenville, and she said I could either have kids or work more. Another nurse chimed in and suggested online shopping. What have I done?

I'm at least two hours away from any larger city and two hours away from the beach. More importantly, I'm at least a 12-hour drive or a two+ hour connecting flight away from anyone I know except my poor boyfriend. I feel like the house in the Wizard of Oz, which I guess makes Greenville the wicked witch of the east that I landed on.

Hence, the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl. I think the blog is cute. You are a very entertaining writer and since I have been to Greenville, I can envision what you are talking about. Hope the job is going well. You know Im dying to know how things are going. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Dee! I will message you on facebook more (Rob beat me too it tonight), but I will tell you I got booted off of orientation early (which is fine with me) and I'm training people starting tomorrow. The unit still has a long way to go, but I have faith in it. People are working really hard to bring it together.

    ReplyDelete