Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Household

I don't have anything in particular to write at the moment, but I was looking for an excuse to post pictures of the members of my household, which include a neurosurgeon named Rob, a naughty step-dog named Ace, a bossy girl-cat named Audrey, an easily-frightened boy-cat named Capote, and me. We had a chicken, but there's a picture of me eating it in the last post. So long, Pecky. I'm sorry I was too lazy to go to the grocery store. You were delicious, my friend.

So, this is Rob the neurosurgeon. He looks very happy to be trapped in Greenville with me, doesn't he? I keep trying to get him to say, "I'm Rob James, Bitch!" but he doesn't usually go for it.

This is my step-dog, Ace, who likes to tear up things, run away, and take massive dumps on the stairs while we have company. I've caught him writing down his own version of things here, so we may hear from him one of these days.



This is my little Audrey, who likes to boss me around and demand food from everyone who walks in the door. I just bought that throw she's laying on yesterday, but Audrey tends to think all new things, especially blankys, belong to her. Neither she nor her brother are much for writing, so I don't know if we'll hear much from them. This is Capote fussing at cars as we make the drive from Nashville to Greenville. It was an awesome idea to let the cats out of their carriers during the trip to alleviate anxiety.
(Note: I'm not just one of those freaks who has two animals and pretends they are relatives. Audrey and Capote were littermates. My mother guilt-tripped me into taking them after their mom -- which my mother stole from the wierd-ass neighbors and their murderous youngest child -- birthed them on my parents bathroom floor. The fact that a confused Capote once tried to hump his newly androgenous sister in no way disproves their relationship as siblings, since they were living in Tennessee at the time.)

2 comments:

  1. So far I am finding this blog extremely entertaining...continue the disparaging remarks relating to greenville, and i can't wait to hear from Ace--the dog who magically managed to take a #2 on the top step after JUST going outside. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Laura, Ace has been scribling furiously ever since I started this blog. Oddly, he can write, but he can't poop exclusively outdoors. He's conspiraing against me, that bastard!

    ReplyDelete